Application Support Engineer/Developer
Application Support Engineer/Developer - FInance - City
Capsian One are currently working with a city based financial trading firm seeking a hybrid Application Support Engineer/Developer. You would be a pivotal member of their IT team working directly on their flagship trading platform. In addition, owing to a new business line, you would be instrumental in building out a greenfield client flacing technology solution.
This is very exciting time to join a highly collaborative yet autonomous team growing by the month. You would be a senior member of staff mentoring junior employees whilst steering the direction of development and application support on a company-wide basis.
- Manage and support a business critical transactional system.
- Communicate effectively with business and technology clients, both internally and externally, to deliver upon agreed SLAs.
- Deploy complex in-house applications.
- Manage the full cycle of issue resolution. From helping to identify the issue and impact, containing the problem, working with development, managing client communication and expectations and organize the delivery of the solution to the production environment.
- Identify and develop tools and utilities to improve system monitoring or to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Experience of working on a real-time transactional systems
- Good working knowledge of application integration and testing
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Good working knowledge of Network elements
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Server components
- Good scripting skills. (PERL, etc)
- C++ experience in a Microsoft Windows development environment, utilizing object oriented programming techniques. Visual C++ is preferred.
- Experience working with relational databases. SQL server preferred.
- Experience with TCP/IP programming.
Experience with scripting and data and file manipulation
Please contact email@example.com or 0203 691 9174 for more information