Python Software Engineer - Risk Management - Eton (Berkshire)
Caspian One are working with a leading specialist provider of financial risk advisory who are looking to rewrite their core risk platform from scratch using Python and C++
The firm specialise in the management of FX, interest rate and commodity pricing risk working with leading businesses to design and implement strategies and processes to monitor financial risk. They provide this service via specialist business consultants coupled with leading edge risk technology. The company possess a start up like environment with an extremely flat structure and can offer genuine career growth.
As a Python/C++ expert; you will play a key part in requirement gathering, design, coding, test, deployment, support and overall maintenance of the risk platform. At present the Quant Developers are working off spreadsheets written in R. You will work closely with the business to help define the best strategies moving forward, building out a highly resilient, distributed risk platform that is highly scalable and highly optimised to drive the firm to that next level.
- Exceptional Python (preferred) and C++ development expertise
- Strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- Experience working on highly distributed systems
- Extensive design/architectural exposure
- Excellent analytical skills
- A genuine problem solver (ability to think outside of the box)
- A passionate engineer who can look at the bigger picture for the long term
- PhD or MS degree in computer science, engineering, maths, physics or similar
- Experience with derivative risk systems
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- Experience of full stack development from servers to UI
- Please note that the role is based in Eton (Berkshire), please ensure that this is within commutable distance before applying.
Please contact Zack on 0203 691 9177 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“From Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Hedge Funds and start-ups to custodians and vendors to the industry, Caspian One specialises in technology recruitment right across financial services”